Any Pakistan who is interested to visit Switzerland will require a valid visa before entering the country. The visa requirements, process and fess are similar to many other European countries such as Greece & Belgium.
As Switzerland is part of Schengen countries people who have Schengen visa can visit it without any national visa. Those who want to visit it for more than 90 days will require a national visa. Many people hire travel agents but the embassy prefers applicants to apply themselves.
How To Apply?
The method for your application process will depend on the type of visa you want to apply for. If you want a short term Schengen visa then you will be required to apply through Gerry’s VFS service while long term national visa will be applied through the embassy of Switzerland.
Currently no evisa or online visa facility is available for the people for Pakistan. The procedure for applying through the embassy is as follows:
- Visit the official website of Switzerland Embassy
- Fill the Inquiry Form
- Respond to the queries
- Visit the embassy on the appointment date
Applying Procedure Through VFS:
If you are applying through Gerry’s VFS service then follow these easy steps:
- Download the application form from the official website
- Fill the application form & attach the required documents
- Schedule an appointment to the embassy or visit Gerry’s VFS office in your city
- Pay the Visa processing fee & service fee
- Provide Biometric Data (Finger prints, facial recognition, etc)
The general documents which will be required with any type of visa are:
- Filled application form
- Three recent passport size photographs
- Valid passport with 2 blank pages
- Photocopy of your passport
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- Bank statements for the last 3 months
- Health insurance with coverage of at least €30,000
- Details of the trip such as ticket booking & hotel reservation
If you are visiting Switzerland for tourism, business meeting or want to meet family members but your stay is of less than 90 days then you will require a Schengen Visa.
If the purpose of your visit is education, employment medical treatment or family visit which may exceed 90 days then you will be required to apply for a National Visa.
Permanent residence is only given to those applicants who have temporary residence in the country along with work permit.
Visa Processing Fees:
The visa processing fees & cost will depend on the type of visa for which you apply:
- Adult = €60 (Rs. 8400)
- Children (between 6 – 12 Years) = €35 (Rs.5,000)
- Children up to 6 years are exempted from any visa processing fees or charges.
The processing time of visa will also depend on the type of visa, usually short term visa such as tourism, medical assistance or business visit will take 15 working days. Family visit for more than 90 days or student visa may take up to 45 working days.
For more information and details contact at:
Address: Street 6, Diplomatic Enclave, G-5/4 Islamabad
Phone Number: +92 51 209 88 00, +41 58 4 64 18 81
Fax Number: +92 51 227 92 86