Citizens of Pakistan require a valid Belgium or Schengen visa before they travel to Belgium. The Visa process, fees and other requirements are very similar to other Schengen countries.
If you have a Schengen visa then you will not require another visa for entering Belgium during your travel. As the time period of visa process is long and difficult many people hire services of agents and travel agencies.
How To Apply?
The visa application procedure and method for Belgium is different than many other countries as it accepts visa application through Gerry’s Visa Service and not through their embassy.
Applicants are required to download the application form which is available online from the official website of Belgium Embassy and submit it to Gerry’s Visa Service office in your country along with the required fees and documents.
The charges and cost will include the service charges of Gerry’s and Visa processing charges which will depend on the type of visa you chose. Short term visa will cost less than long term visa.
When applying for tourist visa applicants will be required to submit the following documents:
- Passport with a validity which exceeds your trip by at least 3 months
- Application form
- Recent Photographs
- Proof of employment
- Ticket reservation
- Accommodation proof
- Travel insurance which should cover the whole Schengen territory with an equivalency of at least 30,000 Euro.
- Detail program for Belgium
- Credit Card
- Bank Statements of past 6 months
If you are applying for a student visa then you will be required to submit:
- Two forms of Visa applications
- 3 recent photographs
- Admission letter from a Belgian higher educational institute
- Original educational documents
- Motivation letter on choice of the studies
- Police Character Certificate
- Proof of payment of your fees
- Medical Certificate
- National Passport with a validity time period of 1 year
- Financial cover
The document requirements for Family Visit include:
- Valid international passport
- Copy of CNIC
- Proof of Employment
- Recent Photograph
- Travel insurance
- Sponsorship form from Belgium
- Solvency Proof of Sponsor
- Proof of family ties
- Financial proof of applicant
Only those who are already residing in Belgium with temporary residence visa can apply for permanent residence visa.
For more information contact the Embassy of Belgium in Pakistan:
Address: House 14, Street 17, F7/2 Islamabad, P.O. Box 1016. Pakistan
Phone Number: +92 51 265 41 01, +92 51 265 41 02, +92 51 265 41 03, +92 51 265 41 04
Fax Number: +92 51 265 41 05