If anyone from Pakistan wants to travel Spain he will require a valid visa for which the fees and requirements are similar to any other Schengen country. Currently no online application or e-facility is available for Pakistani citizens
Applicants can apply for short term tourist visa, transit visa, business visa or for permanent resident in Spain through the embassy in Islamabad.
How To Apply?
Any short term visit will require applying for a Schengen Visa while a long term visa will require a national visa for Spain. If you intend to study, work or settle in Spain you will require a Long Term Visa.
The procedure for Schengen visa is almost identical in Europe because of the community guidelines that all countries are obliged to follow. So the process is same as the process for German Visa, Austrian Visa or visa application for Belgium.
The method to apply for Schengen visa is as follows:
1) Download the Schengen Visa Application form from the official website of embassy
2) Duly fill the application form
3) Attach the required documents
4) Pay the processing fee in the embassy or consulate
5) Interview will be conducted during submission of application form.
The validity of Schengen visa is valid for 180 days with maximum stay in Spain should not exceed 90 days.
Long Term Visa:
Those who want to pursue their professional studies in Spain or want to get employment in Spain will require a long term visa for which the method is as follows:
1) Download the Application form
2) Fill the application form and copy it
3) Attach the required documents as per requirement of student or family visa
4) Visit the embassy to submit the application form
The documents requirement will depend on the type of visa for which you apply for, but the following documents will be required for all types of visa:
- Application form
- Original visa along with, validity should be at least 3 months
- 2 recent photographs
- Visa fee receipt
- Medical insurance covering up to € 30,000
- Return Ticket
- Proof of accommodation in Spain
- Bank statements for last 12 months to prove financial stability
Student visa will require additional documents such as:
- Original & photocopy of Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- Medical certificate
- Police character certificate
- Admission letter from Spanish university, college or educational institute
- Letter from the university stating the languages in which classes will be conducted
- If language is English then documentary evidence of good command of English
- Accommodation details
- Complete study program
- Certificates proving earlier education
Business visa will also required the following documents:
- Invitation letter from any Spanish company
- Details of the Spanish company including address, phone number & registration number
- Letter from local company identifying the applicant and explaining the detail of visit
If you are going to meet some family members or friends then you will be required to attach the following documents:
- Documents proving family link with Spanish/EU citizen (Marriage certificates, birth certificates, etc)
- Registrar certificate from local authority
Visa Processing Fees:
The processing fees for normal visa applications is € 60, there are cases when the fees is exempted or reduced for which certain embassy should be contacted.
Processing Time Period:
The processing time required for visa is usually 15 working days but in some cases it may take up to 30 days. Spanish authorities encourage applicants to avoid agents and apply for the visa application by themselves.
For more details and information contact the embassy at:
Address: No. 14, North Service Road, Diplomatic Enclave,G-4, Islamabad
Phone Number: 0092512600900, 0092512600900
Fax Number: (+92) 51 227 8816