Currently no evisa facility or online facility is available for the people of Pakistan despite that it is one of the favourite destination of Pakistani citizens.
Those who want a short stay Schengen Visa can apply through VFS Service while those who want a national visa can apply through embassy. Netherlands is also commonly referred as Holland.
How To Apply?
If you want to visit the Dutch country for 90 days or less then you will be required to apply for a Schengen visa for which the method is simple & easy. Follow these steps to successfully apply for Schengen Visa through Netherland:
1) Visit the official website of VFS Gerry Service
2) Select the type of visa for which you want to apply for
3) Download the visa application
4) Make an appointment at visa application centers (VAC) in Islamabad, Karachi or Lahore
5) Visa the VAC with application form & required documents
6) Pay the Visa processing fees & service cost of VFS
7) Provide biometric data (finger prints, etc)
Schengen Visa is only applicable for short term stays not exceeding 90 days such as visiting family member, tourism, short study courses, business visa, medical treatment or transit visa.
If your stay exceeds 90 days then you will require a Long Stay Visa which also requires residence permit. This long term visa is also called authorization for temporary stay (MVV). The method for MVV is different and can only be applied through the embassy of Netherland.
Many people hire services of travel agents but while applying through VFS applicants are required to be present at the VAC.
Document requirement will depend on the type of Visa for which you are applying. The documents which will be required with all types of visa include:
- Photocopy of Passport
- Original Passport with validity period exceeding your stay in Netherland
- Computerized National identity Card (CNIC)
- Recent Photographs
- Bank statements for the last three months
- Booking of tickets
- Hotel booking or proof of accommodation
- Declaration from your employer
- Insurance covering at least 30,000
- Visa Fees Slip
Visa fees will also depend on the type of your requested visa:
- Schengen Visa = €60 (Rs. 9,100)
- Children (between 6 – 12 Years) = €35 (Rs. 5,300)
- Children up to 6 years are exempted from any visa fees.
Visa Processing Time:
The processing time for visa application is at least 15 working days, but in certain cases it may take longer.
Applicants should visit the embassy only after appointment otherwise they will not be entertained. The general timings of the embassy are:
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:15 PM
- Friday: 8 AM- 1:00 PM
For further details & information contact the embassy at:
Address: Diplomatic Enclave, Sector G-5 167, Street 15, Islamabad
Phone Number: +92 51 200 44 44
Fax Number: +92 51 200 43 33
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (General affairs), email@example.com (Consular affairs)