Australia is one of the favourite destinations for Pakistani students, many tourists from Pakistan also visit Australia. If you are also interested to visit Australia then know the visa application process and requirements.
Australia also allows applicants to apply through travel agents on their behalf, most students opt for such agencies to increase chances of their visa application acceptance.
How To Apply?
For many countries Australia allows online application through Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) for a short term visa such as for tourism, business trip or to meet some family member.
Pakistan is not among those countries from where applicants can apply online so the only method is though embassy or Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC). for which the procedure is as follows:
- Book your appointment for AVAC
- Download the application form from the official website
- Fill the application form by providing required information
- Attach the required documents
- Visit the AVAC on appointment date and provide biometric data
- Submit your application form
Only those who are already residing in Australia can apply for permanent residence.
Visa Processing Fees:
The cost and charges for visa application is as follows:
- Tourist = AUD140
- Business = AUD1,045
- Student = AUD700
- Temporary Work Visa = AUD285
Visa Processing Time:
The processing time for application visa will differ according to the type of visa for which you are applying for:
- Tourist = 24 days
- Business Visitor = 16 days
- Frequent Traveller = 21 days
- Sponsored Family = 55 days
- Approved Destination Status = 5 days
- Student Visa = 90 days
To know more details about the expected processing period visit the official website of home affairs Australia.
Multiple documents will be required with your application process such as:
- Scanned copies of every page of your passport
- One recent passport size photo
- Family Registration Certificate issued by the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA)
- Marriage Registration Certificate issued by NADRA (If Applicable)
- Bank statements for the last three months
- Evidence for Accommodation
- Tickets booking
- Polio vaccination certificate
Business short stay visitors:
- Letter of invitation from the business in Australia
- Letter from the business you are representing providing details of your visit, your length of stay, and how your visit will benefit the business
- financial information of how your visit will be funded
- Bank statements
- Copy of your National Tax Number (NTN) Registration Certificate
The time period for embassy is from 9 Am to 5 PM during working days (Monday To Friday).
For more information and details about visa process contact at:
Address: Constitution Ave and Ispahani Rd, Diplomatic Enclave, No. 1, Sector G-5/4, Islamabad
Phone Number: +92 51 8355 500
Fax Number: +92 51 848 9990