Pakistani tourists, students and professionals who want to visit France will require a French visa. The application for French Visa is accepted & processed by French Embassy in Islamabad.
The requirement for visa application will differ depending on the type of visa you are applying for and the duration. Government of France also established an online portal to accept application for visa from throughout the world.
How To Apply For French Visa Online:
The process & method to apply for French visa online is very easy, you should just follow these simple steps:
1) Visit official portal of French Visa
2) Create your account by signing up
3) Confirm your account through email
4) Provide details of your stay & purpose of your visit (Tourism, Study, Medical, Family or Official Visit.)
5) Provide details of your passport
6) Personal Information such as your name, date of birth, CNIC Number, Address, Contact No & Email
7) Then you should write details about your stay, accommodation and travelling cost
8) Attach required documents
No matter whether you apply for French Visa online or through embassy you will be asked to bring certain documents at the time of your appointment & interview at the Embassy. The document requirement for French Visa includes:
- Application Form
- 2 ID Photographs
- Travel Documents
- Booked Return Air tickets
- Travel health Insurance
- Hotel Reservation or other accommodation through travel agent
- Bank statements of last 6 months
- Tax Return for past 2 years
Visa Process Time:
The processing time period of visa application depends on the type of your visa but it takes at least 15 working days or 2 weeks for a visa to get processed. But it is better to apply even before so that you get your visa on time.
Fees & Cost of French Visa:
- The general charges for visa application of France are 60 Euros (Rs. 9,000) no matter whether you apply for a French Visa or a Schengen Visa. Children aged between 6 to 12 will be charged 35 Euros (Rs. 5,000)
- For those who are applying long stay visa will be charged 99 Euros (Rs. 15,000)
- Students will be charged 50 Euros (Rs. 7,500)
Currently French Government doesn’t provide any e-visa services for the people of Pakistan while for some other countries it provides such facility. You can also apply visa during your stay if the validity is near to expire.
For details of permanent visa and information contact the French Embassy in Pakistan:
Address: Diplomatic Enclave – G5 – GPO Box 1068 – Islamabad
Phone Number: (+92) 51 201 15 75
Fax: (+92) 51 201 14 00