Visa requirements have been significantly easy and convenient as Oman welcomes enlarged tourism. There are two types of residence visas First one is Employment (when you are supported by your employer and other one is Residence only (when you are supported by a family member).
It is settled at the demand of a local support and on his accountability to the foreigner entering to Oman for employment and whose age is not less than 21 years old. The Visa would be as follows:
Validity of the visa:
- Within three months from issuance date.
- Valid for extension and multiple entries.
20 Omani Riyals.
Fines for late renewal: (50) fifty Omani Riyals for each month.
- The sponsor has to be a local one with full official capability, and be accountable for the truth of the information provided in the application form.
- The person for whom the employment visa is needed and would not be less than 21 or above 60 calendar years.
- The person would be of the same sex as confirmed in the labour permit, which was provided by the Directorate General of Labour Affairs.
- The profession for which the visa is needed has to be the same to the one stated in the labour permit.
- Providing the electronic application form available through the website, to be authorized and stamped by the support, and to be written in Arabic for Arab nationals and in English for Non-Arab nationals, including the following documents:
- Two photographs size (4X6) cm.
- Copy of the foreigner’s passport, given it is valid for a period not less than six months.
- The original labour permit provided by the Ministry of Manpower and a copy thereof with each application form.
- In case the application is obtainable by someone other than the support, the agent has to be Omani and keeping a written authorization provided from the Directorate General of Passport & Residence as per the sponsor’s request.
- A medical fitness certificate provided for citizens of some countries particular as follows by the Ministry of Health (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippines, Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Egypt, Syria, and Ethiopia); certificate has to be authorized by the Ministry of Health.
- Copy of the approval of authority for particular professions such as: Educational professions, Religious professions etc
Expat employees enter to Oman for different reasons, mainly because the salaries are handsome and there is no income tax. As an extra bonus, the weather is inspiring, there is no crime, and the lifestyle is simple. When compare the advantages and disadvantages of tolerant an offer in Oman, don’t be too unsighted by the attract of paying no tax – keep in mind that the rail is hooked to the US dollar, which has not been doing too fine over the last 18 months or so.
You may discover that currency fluctuations reduce the real value of your salary package when you match up to what you would get in dollars. However, there is no query that a high-quality expat package in a excellent company in Oman is a fair opportunity to experience a different culture in a country. The main hinder to searching a good expat reorganization in Oman is the extremely successful programme. Some companies have attained over 90% Omanisation, so less than 10% of their labor force are foreigners.
One of the major dissimilarity about working in Oman as opposite to your country of source is that you require to be support by an employer, which often makes some people feeling attached or uneasily compelled to their employer. If you depart the company your current visa would be finished and you need to undergo the irritate of getting a new residency authority (for you and your family, if they are on your sponsorship).
- CFBT Education Services & Partners LLC 24 481938
- Ideas Management Consultants 24 791876
- Modern Centre for Business Services 24 482 283
- Muscat Consultancy Services SAOG 24 796 636
- National Training Institute 24 605273
- Oman Resources Development 24 693501
Cost of Living in Qatari Riyals – QR)
- Cost of Living Burger (takeaway) RO. 0.500
- Loaf of bread R0. 0.500
- Milk (1 litre) RO. 0.500
- Newspaper (international) RO. 0.800
- Petrol (gallon) RO. 0.540
- Six-pack of beer (off licence) RO. 2.500
- Taxi (10km journey) RO. 2.000
- Water 1.5 litres (supermarket) RO. 0.200
[alert] How to Get & Apply Visa of Oman Info Here [/alert]