Any citizen of Pakistan who wants to travel to Russian will require a valid visa for which the application is processed through the embassy or consulate. The procedure is similar to many other European countries.
Currently no e-visa facility or online submission for visa application is available in Pakistan. Many people hire travel agents to process their application.
Many countries allow Pakistanis to visit without any visa requirement or offer visa on arrival but Russia doesn’t offer such facility to Pakistanis.
How to Apply?
The method for visa application is very simple, simpler than neighboring Norway. Just follow these steps to submit your application:
1) Open the online visa application form
2) Fill the application form & download it on A4 size paper
3) Visit the embassy of Russia
4) Pay the processing fee
5) Submit your visa application with required documents
The document requirement for visa will depend on the type of visa for which you apply. The visa requirements for different types of visa are as follows:
- Visa application form
- Valid passport
- Original Tourist confirmation with registered Russian travel agency along with agency’s registration & reference number.
- Police Character Certificate
- Ticket Confirmation
- Printed application form
- Original passport with validity
- Invitation letter from a company based in Russia
- Contract with company
- Police Certificate
- HIV test
- Application form
- Bank statements
- Invitation letter from Russian company
- Registration in local chamber of commerce
- NTN Certificate
- Local company’s letter
- Letter from Russian company
- Police Character Certificate
- HIV Test
- Visa Application form
- Valid Passport
- Invitation & admission letter from Russian college, university or educational institute
- Original academic certificates attested & translated by Foreign Ministry
- Medical Fitness
- HIV Certificate
- Bank statement for the last 12 months
The transit visa, family visa and requirements of family visa are also available on the official website of Russian embassy.
Visa Processing Fees:
The visa charges and fees for Russian Visa is as follows:
- Single entry visa – Rs. 2,100 (issued in one week after the application date)
- Double entry visa – Rs. 3,360 (issued in one week after the application date)
- Multiple entry visa – Rs. 6,300 (issued in one week after the application date)
If you want an urgent visa then the charges are higher but the visa is processed urgently:
- Single entry visa – Rs. 4,200 (issued on the next working day)
- Double entry visa – Rs. 6,720 (issued on the next working day)
- Multiple entry visa – Rs. 12,600 (issued on the next working day)
Visa Processing Period:
The time period required for visa processing depends on the type of visa. Short term visa applications are required in shorter period than long term visa.
Timing of Embassy:
Visa applications and related services are not available on each day, rather the days are divided as follows:
12:00 AM–1:30 PM for submission of visa applications other than tourist visa
1:30 PM–2:00 PM for receiving visa
12:00 AM–1:30 PM for submission of visa applications for tourists’ only
1:30 PM–2:00 PM issuance of visas
12:00 AM–2:00 PM only for Russian citizens