Travelling is such a wonderful experience for almost all the people in the world whether they are travelling within the country or outside their motherland. Travelling within the country or outside the country, both need lots of preparation and planning. Most of the time, things can never go according to your accurate plan and you must have to do some changes because of any particular circumstances. Travel insurance is the best thing for this, in order to get the financial coverage for any mishap during travelling. Travel insurance can cover bankruptcy, cancellation of flights and lost luggage.
Travel insurance is divided into three main categories that are:
Medical Coverage Policy:
This category of travel insurance provides the coverage in case of illness and any other health issue during travelling. Helicopter airlift to the hospital and ambulance charges are also covered in this insurance policy. Financial compensation to the beneficiaries can also be given with some policies in case of death during travelling.
Trip Cancellation Policy:
This type of travel insurance policy covers the amount of ticket if the flight is cancelled for any reason of a particular person who has this policy. The cancellation of ticket is also allowed by the policy holder at his/her own, even in case of any family member’s death.
Baggage Insurance Policy:
If your luggage is lost or damaged during loading and unloading, this category of insurance provides coverage to the affected person. You will also get the coverage in case of traffic accident even if you are travelling with rental car.
There are many reasons for the travelers to purchase travel insurance policy, some of them are as follows:
Reasons To Purchase Travel Insurance Policy
- Most of the airlines in the world do not refund the payment of the tickets in case of flight cancellation due to weather conditions or any other specified reasons.
- Travel insurance will cover your ticket for other flight in case when you have missed your connecting flight in any country.
- Travel insurance will help to arrange an alternative locations in case of natural disasters like tsunami and earthquake.
- If insurance holder suffers any damage due to terrorist attacks, he/she will be given compensation of this.
- Insurance holder can be compensated in case when airline or hotel files for bankruptcy.
How To Get Travel Insurance?
Internet is the best place to purchase travel insurance after carefully examining the terms and conditions by any particular company. You can also ask your travel agent that which policy you should take? Always keep the copy of travel insurance with you while travelling for any emergency.