Verification of any vehicle whether car or motorcycle in 2023 has become easy through online excise car verification which can be accessed through your home no matter whether you are from Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) or Islamabad.
So if you want to purchase any car then by simple providing the Registration number of that particular car you will be able to verify and check whether the vehicle is clear as per excise department and cplc or is it stolen.
Government of Punjab has a dedicated portal for verification of vehicles under their Excise, Taxation & Narcotics Control Department. The department is responsible for collection of various taxes or duties including on vehicles, this is why a complete status report of cars is available on their official website.
Citizens are required to follow these steps for checking verification of car:
1) Visit official mtmis website
2) Provide the vehicle registration number
3) Choose ‘I am not a computer’ and then ‘search’
4) All details relating to the vehicle will be provided such as registration date, Engine No., owner name, vehicle type, model year, CPLC Status and tax payment details.
Through this simple process you can verify any car in Punjab whether it is from Lahore, Bahawalpur, Faisalabad, Sialkot or any other city.
Provincial government of Sindh has also established a dedicated portal for excise car verification. You have to follow the following steps to check vehicle details:
- Visit the official Sindh Government’s online vehicle verification portal.
- Choose four wheelers for car verification & two wheelers for bike verification.
- Enter the registration number.
- Choose ‘I am not a computer’ and then search.
- Details of car including clearance for excise and CPLC will be provided.
This is effective not only for Karachi but for any vehicle registered in Sindh including cities such as Hyderabad, Larkana, Sukkur, etc.
Excise, Taxation & Narcotics Control Department of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa also provides a platform for verifying vehicles. By following these steps you can get the details of vehicle registered in Peshawar or any other city of KPK:
- Go to the official website for Online Vehicle Information of KPK Govt.
- Select district and whether the vehicle is registered or is temporary.
- Provide registration number and search.
- Vehicles status and details will be provided for you.
The provincial government of Balochistan has no official website for verification of vehicles online, but citizens can visit any police station in Quetta to verify whether any police record is available against the said vehicle or not. In smaller cities the record of police station are not computerized hence it can be difficult for them to verify the status.
Islamabad (Federal Territory):
If you want to check registration details of vehicle from Islamabad then you follow this method:
- Visit official website for vehicle verification
- Provide registration number and date
- Click search and details will be provided.
Remember that if citizens want to avoid any legal trouble they should verify any vehicle before finalizing the purchase, they should also ensure that all relevant taxes of the car are paid.