If you are in Pakistan and want to get your driving Licence then you will have to choose between categories which also include HTV & LTV Driving Licence.
Buses, trucks, cranes and other heavy transport are called Heavy Transport Vehicle (HTV) while car-taxi, jeep, mini bus and other lightweight transport are called Light Transport Vehicle (LTV). The application procedure & requirements are same for both.
Driving Licence Process Through DLIMS Punjab:
If you are in Lahore or any other part of Punjab and want to get your LTV or HTV Licence then the method is very simple. Driving Licence Information Management System (DLIMS) Punjab was introduced to make the system online.
1) Download Licence Application form from DLIMS Punjab website
2) Download the Medical Certificate form from the official website
3) Fill the Licence Application form
4) Pay the Licence fee and get a ticket
5) Submit your application form along with required documents
6) Get Medical Certificate filled & signed by Registered Medical Practitioner at the driving Licence center
7) Go through driving test
The documents required for driving Licence include attested CNIC copies, recent photographs, learner permit and medical certificate.
Driving Licence Process For Driving Licence Sindh (DLS):
The people of Karachi, Hyderabad and other parts of Sindh will be required to apply through Driving Licence Sindh – DLS for a Licence. Follow these steps to apply for HTV or LTV Licence:
1) Visit Driving Licence Branch
2) Pay the driving Licence processing fee & charges
3) Go through Police Doctor for medical fitness
3) Get the application form and submit it
4) Pass the computerized written test
5) Pass the road sign test
6) Go through practical test
Only those people are applicable who obtained learner permit.
Driving Licence Procedure in Balochistan:
The procedure to get permanent driving Licence in Quetta & other parts of Balochistan is similar to those in other areas
1) Visit driving Licence center
2) Initiate the process by paying the Licence fee and getting the application & medical form
3) Go through medical test
4) Go through driving test
5) Attach the required documents and submit your form
Driving License Process in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK):
1) Visit driving License center Peshawar or any center in KPK
2) Deposit the fees and get a computerized Driving License Token
3) Provide thumb and signature for database
4) Go through medical and driving test
6) On passing the test your application will be accepted
Recently online verification of driving License was also launched through DLIMS Punjab and Driving Licence Sindh (DLS) to identify original and fake driving license.