Schengen visa is the document which is issued by the concerned authorities to the applicants who want to visit or travel within the Schengen territory. Schengen area is the area that consists of 26 European countries that have agreed to allow free movement of their citizens and have abolished passport in other words. Out of these 26 countries, 22 are part of European Union and other 4 are part of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
All these 26 countries are so beautiful and this is the reason that millions of tourists from different countries and regions of the world go there for tourism. So, if any Saudi citizen wants to apply for Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia, follow these important points given below:
Important Point To Apply For Schengen Visa
First of all, you should have to download the application form and then fill that form carefully according to the category you fall into. Categories of Schengen visa are defined below:
Category A: This category of visa is issued to only those who are passing through on a connecting flight and not stay in the Schengen territory.
Category B: This category of visa is issued for only 5 days to those who want to spend some time in Schengen area and are travelling between non Schengen countries.
Category C: This category of Schengen visa is issued for 3 months or 90 days to travel free in all the 26 countries of this area.
Category D: This category is for national visa and issued for those who want to travel from non-Schengen countries to Schengen countries. The applicant of this category should have to first arrange residency in any Schengen country to get Schengen visa.
Documents Required For Schengen Visa
- National Identity Card or Valid Passport.
- Residence Permit (Iqama) copy.
- Residence Permit copy of all the family members if they also want to visit Schengen area.
- Any proof that shows the reason for your visit. If you are visiting for business trip, you can attach the copies of hotel reservation or letter from the company.
- Bank statement or other financial statement which shows that you are able to support yourself in the Schengen area.
- Evidence of European Schengen travel insurance.
- Exit Re-Entry Visa.
- Letter of Introduction from the sponsor and your name, designation (as per Iqama), Iqama number, date of joining and total package should be mentioned. Letter of Introduction must be authorized by the Chamber of Commerce, of the Kingdom.