Murree is one of the most admired and well known hill station and summer resort of Pakistan. It is the governmental centre of Muree Tehsil Pakistan that is a division Rawalpindi and Muree Hills. Muree is situated in Pir Panjal Range that is at a distance of 60 Km (37 miles) northeast to Islamabad.
There are many beautiful places in Muree for the tourist to visit. Places such as Mall road, pindi point, Kashmir point, pathriata (new muree), ayubia, nathaigali, muree hills etc are the well known places which are visited by tourist.
From the most well-known places of Muree let us discuss about 5 beautiful places.
- Pathriata (New Muree): It is at a distance of about 15 KM from the Muree hills. It is a hill station with large trees and gorgeous hills. There are cable cars from which you can travel to Patiata which is at distance of about 7 KM. when you travel in chair lifts you can view the Kashmir.
- Kashmir point: Kashmir point is at a distance of 1 KM from GPO which is a ride of only 15 minutes. It is one the most beautiful place of Muree from where you can get a view of the beautiful mountains of Kashmir. There are markets with various food and shopping items.
- Pindi Point: Pindi point is only at a distance of 15 minutes from Mall Road. It is the first point to view Muree. It has beautiful Mountains covered with green trees which look gorgeous. It is the best area for a long journey as it has zigzag roads. A view of are larger forests can be seen from here.
- Ayubia: Ayubia is a mixed four hill station. The region is spread over four hills which are Khanspur, Gali Changla, Khairagali And Ghor Daka. It covers an area of 26 KM/ 16 Miles.
- Nathiagali: It is a beautiful town located in Muree which has a union council. It is in the Abbottabad district. Nathia Gali is near Kala Bagh. It is best place where most of the tourists visit in every summer as it also consists of oak trees, pine, wlnuts and maple.