NADRA has commenced a new state of the art Smart National ID Card to give hi-tech solution and security of character of the holder. Smart National ID Card (SNIC) is a great deal smarter and advance than old Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).These are chip based identity cards; mad the designed in such a way to complete all the needs of latest technology advancements and to store data. Smart cards would be directly linked to central database of NADRA.
Holder of Smart NIC would have free facility of life insurance for two years. There are strategy to connect many facilities with it e.g. biometrics, emergency relief in disasters, e-tag on motorway tolls, driving license, passport, school card, weapon license, health card, and electronic voting. It will also help out to reach the cash expenditure programs, branch less banking and financial transactions etc. There is also provision of storing data of accepted associates e.g. banks etc.
Salient Features of Smart ID Card
- There are following the salient features of smart cards:
- Chip based Smart Identity Card with 36 security features
- Multi-dimensional procedure and services
- Social and financial inclusion programs
- State of the art encryption technology
- Live identification of captured fingerprints
- Easy pension disbursement
- Accidental death insurance of Rs.100,000 for 2 years
- Compliant with ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) Standards
- This card cannot be changed, duplicated, forged or misused.
- It has name both in English and Urdu.
- It has Laser imprinted photograph, Optical variable diagram, QR code and machine readable zone.