If you are planning to visit any foreign country then you will need a Pakistani Passport. The fees for Valid Machine Readable Passport (MRP) for Pakistan will depend on the number of pages and whether its validity is for 5 years or for 10 years.
In Pakistan Directorate General of Immigration and Passports, under Ministry of Interior is responsible for issuance of Passports for Pakistani citizens and nationals. The charges and cost for passport it as follows:
|Fee for 05 YEARS Validity|
|Fee for 10 YEARS Validity|
|No. of Times Lost||Normal||Urgent|
|First Time Lost||Rs.6,000/-||Rs.10,000/-|
|Second Time Lost||Rs.12,000/-||Rs.20,000/-|
|Third Time Lost||Rs.24,000/-||Rs.40,000/-|
How To Apply For A Passport?
The method and process to apply for a passport is very simple due to rush at passport offices it can be time consuming. Follow these simple steps to know the procedure and registration method:
1) Visit the regional passport office in your city
2) Go to Customer Service Counter where you will be informed about the document requirements
3) Now Proceed to the token counter where you will get your token after photograph
4) Wait with your token number until it appears for biometric data counter, provide your finger prints
5) Your will be referred to data entry counter where you will be required to provide complete data and sign the printed form after checking your data.
6) You will be proceeded for verification from Exit Control List (ECL) & Black List (BL)
7) Assistant Director will conduct a brief interview during which he will review your data and documents
8) If your application is approved it will be forwarded for print
9) Within few working days you can collect your passport from delivery counter
Renewal of Passport:
There are no restrictions for renewal of your Pakistani passport. You can apply for a renewal even before the expiry of your passport as a precaution, the applicant will only be required to submit a statement mentioning the reason for a renewal.
The previous passport will be cancelled and then returned to the applicant with the renewed passport. The renewal fee is same as issuance of passport.
Online Facility for Overseas Pakistanis:
To facilitate overseas Pakistanis an online passport process was launched through which Pakistani residing in foreign countries can apply for passport, renewal or other related services through the e services portal.
Overseas Pakistanis can also renew their passport through Pakistani consulates in their respective country.
The documents requirements for applying for a Pakistani passport are as follows:
- Original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)/NICOP/Smart-Card issued by NADRA
- 2 Photocopies of the Identity Card
- Original Bank Challan with the paid fees
- Old Passport if any
- Foreign Passport if applicant holds dual nationality
- NOC for government servants
Tracking of your passport is also possible through SMS service or Online Passport Tracking System.
The processing time for issuance of a passport will vary depending whether you applied for a normal passport or through urgent service. Normal category passport takes 10 working days while urgent passport will be available for delivery after 4 working days.
Timing of Regional Passport Offices:
The regional passport offices are open 5 days a week for accepting applications from 8:30 AM till 1:00 PM except on Friday when the office is open from 8:30 AM till 12:00 PM.
Passport offices are located in all major cities such as Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Quetta, Muzaffarabad and Gilgit.
For more details and information visit your nearest regional passport office or contact at:
Phone Number (Helpline): 0800-34477