In By-Elections 2018 overseas Pakistanis can cast their votes online, thanks to the new iVoting (Internet Voting) Technology. Because of this initiative overseas Pakistanis can cast their votes by following a simple method from anywhere in the world using an internet connected device.
The online registration process is started from today (1st September) till 15 September. Overseas Pakistanis can register themselves on ECP’s website. The voters will be allowed to vote in the constituencies their vote is registered in.
How to Register For iVoting?
To cast vote you should have the following requirements:
- National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistani (NICOP)
- Pakistan Machine Readable Passport (MRP)
- A valid E-Mail Address
- Mobile Number
- Should be a registered voter in the constituencies in which By-Elections are being held
The registration process is consisted of two steps, 1st step includes the sign up process while the 2nd step includes your eligibility & verification.
Step 1: Sign Up
Below are the complete details regarding the sign up process:
- Go to the website: overseasvoting.gov.pk
- On the home page click on Start Registration button
- You will be redirected to Signup Form
- Provide the required details such as; Name, Identity Number, Email, Country and Mobile Number
- After providing these details click on Signup button
- After the submission Signup Form you will receive an email from ECP
- The email will contain a Pin Code and a link
- Click on the link, an Account Verification Form will appear
- Enter your Email Address and Email Pin
- Then click on Verify
- After Successful creation of your account, login screen will be displayed
- Login to iVoting by providing your Email and Password
Step 2: Eligibility & Verification
This step includes your eligibility and verification process, follow the steps provided below:
- After logging in to your account a form will appear, click on Register button
- Another form will appear including 2 steps: Eligibility & Verification
- To check your eligibility enter the required details such as; NICOP Number, Full Name, Date of Issue (NICOP), Passport Number, Passport Tracking Number & the code provided in a picture
- After providing these details click Agree & Register
- If you are declared eligible, the system will ask you verification questions
- Select the correct answers and click submit
- After the successful verification attempt an email will be sent to you
- On successful verification you will be able to cast your vote on the Election Day
By following all the above steps overseas Pakistanis can easily register themselves as an online voter for By-Elections 2018.
Overseas Pakistanis can now vote!
Registration process has ben initiated.
— Zartaj Gul Wazir (@zartajgulwazir) September 1, 2018
How to Cast Vote?
On Election Day overseas Pakistanis can cast their votes by following the steps listed below:
- On the Day of Election login to the website of overseas voting using your account details
- After logging in click on Vote Now button
- After that provide your provide your NICOP Number and Voter Pass number
- Click on Verify & Continue
- Then select National Assembly and Provincial Assembly and cast your vote to the candidate of your choice
If you are an Overseas Pakistani you can follow the procedure provided above and register yourself before 15th September in order to cast your vote online through iVoting System.