No matter whether you want to visit Norway for tourism or want to attend a business conference you will require a visa. The application process & requirements for Pakistanis are same as any other Schengen country.
Norway processes the applications through its embassy in Islamabad. The procedure and method of visa application will depend on the type of visa for which you apply for.
Short Term Visitor Visa:
If you are a tourist, want to attend a business meeting, visit friends or family members for up to 90 days then you will be required to apply for a short term visitor visa.
How to Apply?
1) Submit your application on UDI website
2) Pay the visa processing fees
3) Print the cover letter and confirmation email which you receive
4) Book an appointment at VFS Global
5) Visit on the appointment date and submit passport and required documents
6) Provide biometric data (finger prints)
7) You will be informed about the result of your application process through email and telephone
8) Visit VFS Global to receive your passport
Documents required while applying for visitor’s visa are:
- Print of application form confirmation
- Passport with validity of at least 1 year
- Travel Health Insurance
- Bank statements to proof financial stability
- Hotel reservation
- Invitation if visiting family or want to attend business event
Visa charges for short term visa are as follows:
- Children under 6 = exempted
- Children (6-12 years) = € 35 (Rs. 5,000)
- Adult = € 60 (Rs. 8,600)
The normal processing time for applications from Pakistan is 15-30 working days. In some rare cases it may take up to 60 days.
Norway is among those countries which are preferred by professional because of the living standards, high salaries and better opportunities. Before you apply for jobs in Norway you will require residence permit.
How To Apply?
In Pakistan the request for residence is processed by VFS Global for which the process is as follows:
1) Fill the online application form from the official website of Directorate of Immigration (UDI)
2) Book an appointment at embassy through VFS Global
3) Visit the place of appointment along with required documents and appointment letter
4) On successful submission you will be provided a receipt, pay the amount
5) A reference number will be issued which you should track
6) Collect your passport and documents after visa is issued
The documents requirement for work residence will differ according to the type of visa. For study visa admission form from an educational institute or university will be required while for family immigration details of the family member in Norway will be required.
You can check the complete requirement details on the official portal of UDI.
The charges and cost of the processing fee for VFS Global is €30 while the residence permit cost will depend on the type such as:
- Residence permits for work NOK 5400 (Rs. 80,000)
- Study permit for applicants over the age of 18 NOK 5300 (Rs. 78,000)
- Family Immigration NOK (Rs. 155,000)
The processing time for residence permit will vary from one application to another depending on the type of application. Students will receive their visa in 30 working days, while immigration visa may take up to 90 days.
Many people prefer travel agencies and agents to make the process easy. To apply for permanent residence the applicant must be in Norway.
For more information contact Royal Nowegian Embassy at:
Address: 7th Floor Centre, Serena Business Complex Khayaban-e-Suhrawardy, G-5/1 Islamabad.
Phone Number: 051-8497700