Each year thousands of Pakistanis travel to Malaysia for education, work or tourism. The visa application process, fees, requirements and other details for Pakistan are very simple.
Pakistan is among those few countries from where applicants can easily apply through their online evisa facility.
How To Apply?
If you want to travel Malaysia for tourism or any other short term stay which will not last longer than 30 days then you can utilize the online portal of Malaysia to get your e-visa. The simple procedure for applying online is as follows:
1) Visit the official evisa portal
2) Click on ‘I AM NEW- APPLY’
3) Provide your name, surname, nationality, Passport Number, Gender and Date of birth to start registration
4) Provide your contact details such as address, postal code and phone number
5) Provide email and a passport for your evisa portal account
6) Confirm your registration through email.
7) Login to your account
8) Provide personal details
9) Select your visa type and plan, including duration of stay
10) Attach your documents
11) Pay the fees
12) A reference number will be provided.
The evsia process will take 48 hours for processing during work days, excluding national holidays or weekends. Download and print the evisa in A4 format because it will be required during your travel.
If you want to travel for longer than 30 days, want to immigrate to Malaysia or want a student visa then this method will not be applicable & you will be required to apply through the embassy or consulate. If you are going to meet a family member or attend a business conference then also apply through embassy.
The evisa is a single entry visa and for multiple entry visa you will require to contact the embassy. Permanent residence visa can only be applied if the applicant has temporary residence.
The documents which you will be required to upload online during your evisa application includes:
- Passport front page (Passport should have validity period of at least 8 months)
- Recent passport sized photographs
- Confirmed return tickets
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- Hotel Confirmation
- Birth Certificates for minor
- Other documents may also be required in other cases
Visa Processing Fees:
The visa processing fees for tourist visa of Malaysia is Rs. 7,500 which should be paid online during the evisa process. Charges and cost for other types of visa will vary but short term visa will be charged with the same amount.
Malaysian embassy discourages applying through third parties, agents or through other methods and encourages applicants to apply directly.
The official timing of Malaysian Embassy in Islamabad is as follows:
Monday – Thursday: 09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m
For more details and information about visa process contact at:
Address: Plot No. 144-150, Street No. 17, Sector G-5, Diplomatic Enclave 44000, Islamabad
Phone Number: (92 51) 2072900
Fax Number: (92 51) 2833210