How to Get National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP)?

You might find it difficult to get your Pakistani National Identity Card, especially when you live abroad. The fact is this, you do not need to be worried because getting National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) is as easy as abc.

The ordinance by NADRA allows abroad living Pakistani workers, emigrants, dual nationals, students etc. to get it issued under the ordinance and present it whenever you are asked for it.

This NICOP is considered the substitute of National Identity Card (NIC) and by this you can enjoy the liberty to be in your country where you will not be asked to have visa for stay.

These forms are free of cost and you can get them from Pakistan Embassy (in case of abroad) located in your country or any of the NADRA provincial or regional headquarter in Pakistan. It can also be downloaded from the official website of NADRA. NICOP is renewable after every seven years.

Documents required for submission.

  • Filled application form in English.
  • 2 passport size photographs
  • Bank Draft/Bank Receipt/Postal Order/ Cashier’s Cheque for the fee in favor of NADRA, Pakistan.
  • Foreign/Pakistani passport’s copy
  • Copy of National ID Card (NIC) or the RG-2 (Form-B). In case neither is available, the registration of Pakistani children born abroad may be used (Form S-1).
  • For a married person Marriage certificate is required.

Last but not the least, in case of rejection of your application/form, you will be informed through a letter by NADRA and your fee will be returned after subtracting the service charges.

Leave a Reply