The work permit visa which is also known as Iqama in Saudi Arabia is the basic need for the entire foreign workers who are working in Saudi Arabia. Like all expats from different countries, Pakistani citizens who are doing their jobs or running their businesses are also required to have valid Iqama with them. They will have to get the Iqama within 90 days from their arrival in Saudi Arabia. So here is the procedure to get Saudi Iqama for those who are getting it first time.
Documents Required For Iqama
- Iqama form with other company documents.
- Medical Report.
- Health Insurance (Done by your Sponsor)
- Biometrics (If not done on the Airport)
Procedure Apply First Iqama in Saudi Arabia
- First of all, you will have to go in the approved medical center in the region of your Kafeel, for the examination test.
- Must take your original passport with you for the verification.
- After the test, you will receive the report after 2 days from that particular medical center.
- The medical examination includes HIV / Aids test, TB X-ray, Hearing and Eye Side test, test for Cholera (Stool sample test).
- You will also have to register yourself with the particular department of your profession just like, if you are engineer then you must have to register yourself with the Saudi Council of Engineering.
- Provide your original passport and 2 photographs to your sponsor or Kafeel, for the submission of your Iqama application.
- The voucher for the payment of fee to be submitted in the Ministry of Interior. SR 500 for one year and SR 1000 for 2 years and it can be also submitted through ATM card or online banking.
- There is no fee of first Iqama if you are applying for your dependents.
- If you are working on Free Visa, you will also have to submit SR 2400 Iqama Fee per year. (Applicable on some businesses.)
- HRD fee of SR 150 also have to be paid by the applicant through online banking or voucher.
- Submit all documents to the Ministry of Interior office and they will told you the time to receive your Iqama.
- After getting your Iqama, make sure that the information and spelling mentioned on it are correct and if find some mistakes, return back to them immediately for correction.