CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) is national identity document issued by National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA) to citizens of Pakistan. Every genuine, 18 years and above, citizen of Pakistan is entitled for CNIC after fulfilling certain document requirements.
These documents requirements are to assure that CNIC is only issued to a person who is entitled for a CNIC as per the constitution and laws of Pakistan.
If you are a Pakistan who is 18 or above and wants to get his CNIC for the first time, you will require the following documents:
- Original National Identity Card of one parent
- Birth Certificate
- Any original document to prove the relation between applicant and his parent such as Child Registration Certificate (CRC), domicile, passport or matric certificate/marksheet.
- Presence & attestation/verification of any one blood relative such as father, mother, brother or sister
If no objection is raised then your CNIC will be issued on the basis of these 2 documents and the attestation of your blood relative.
Eligibility for CNIC:
Every resident of Pakistan aged 18 or above is entitled for the CNIC. The registration & issuance of CNIC is same throughout Pakistan for anyone 18 years or above. There is no discrimination on the basis of city, province, age, gender and religion for the issuance of the national identity card.
How To Apply For CNIC:
The procedure and method for CNIC is same no method in which branch of NADRA you start your CNIC process. These are the simple steps for CNIC application:
1) Visit any NADRA Office
2) Get a token number
3) Wait for your number
4) When your number is called on the counter respond
5) Get photographed
6) You will be called to another counter for biometric data (finger prints) and Signatures
7) Collect your printed application form
8) Get the form attested and submit it at the submission desk
9) You will be provided a receipt with details about delivery and collection of CNIC
The receipt will also include a tracking number through which you can track the status of your application online, through helpline or through SMS service of NADRA.
The document requirements for NICOP or other type of ID Cards are different.
Fees & Charges:
There are no charges if you are getting your CNIC for the first time through the normal category but if you want it urgent then the fees will be Rs. 1,150 while for executive centers the cost is Rs. 2,150.
The cost for Smart card or Smart National Identity Card (CNIC) for the first time is Rs. 750 through normal counter while in urgent category it will cost Rs. 1,500. NICOP charges are also in Pakistani Rupees but it will be depend on your Zone, charges for Zone A are greater than Zone B.
- Normal – 31 working days
- Urgent – 23 working days
- Executive – 7 working days
If you want to apply for NICOP or renew & make changes to your CNIC then you can also use the online platform of NADRA which is Pak-Identity. Through this online service you can apply from the comfort of your home with home delivery service.
For more details please contact to the checklist in associated downloads or call us on our UAN 111-786-100.