Facebook is a place where you share photos, links and videos. Users are often worried about their content’s privacy,
so here are a few steps through which you can secure your account:
- Activate secure browsing option, which is inactive by default. This will allow you to browse Facebook over a secure https connection. Open account settings and click security and then click secure browsing section. After these settings, Facebook will use https instead of http.
- Confirm your mobile number to enhance security. Facebook will send your new password through sms, in case you forget it.
- Disconnect previous settings so that the next time you log in, you will be able to know about your previous active sessions, such as where you logged in and which devices you used to access your account. Click Account Settings and click Security Page and look for Active Sessions and click Edit.
- Activate private browsing to browse the web without saving information about the sites you visited. Open Chrome browser and Click CTRL+SHIFT+N.
- Keep the box of ‘Keep Me Logged In’ unchecked. This small checkbox will always appear whenever you login to your Facebook account.
- Create a strong password for your account based on small and capital letters, numbers and symbols.
- Last but not the least, always log out.