There are many Pakistani and other national citizens who are working in Dubai for many decades. Due to high paid salaries and stable economic conditions, Dubai is a major hub of different expatriates from all around the world. Many of them are also living with their families in Dubai. So in case of child’s birth in Dubai, they must have to register in order to regularize their child’s birth from Dubai Health Authority. Following are some steps to register child birth in Dubai for expatriates living there.
Criteria of Registration
- You should have Notification of birth certificate in both English and Arabic language is required from the particular hospital in which baby is delivered.
- It should be attested by the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Documents Required For Registration
- Original passports and copies are required of the parents with their resident permits.
- Attested marriage certificate copy.
- Mother and child’s discharge summary from the particular hospital.
Procedure For Child Birth Registration
- In Dubai, some public hospitals like Rashid Hospital, Dubai Hospital and Latifa Hospital have a counter that issues birth certificate in Arabic language.
- Hand over them important documents mentioned above to get birth certificate as soon as possible.
- In order to get free immunization injections for your new born baby, apply for a temporary health card of your baby from Dubai government health clinic.
- Visit Preventive Medicine Department at Al Baraha Hospital in order to get English birth certificate.
- Get an application form for English birth certificate from the Birth Certificate Office.
- Al Baraha hospital can also attest that form from the Ministry of Health.
- Visit Ministry of Foreign Affair’s office with your documents for attestation.
- Many private companies like Medi Express and Baby Steps Dubai, offer their services in this regards and charge some amount against that.
- You can also check rules and regulations from the embassy of your home country before child’s birth, in order to get information about the citizenship of your upcoming child.
Fees For Registration Of Child’s Birth
- For Arabic birth certificate, 50 Arab Emirates Dirhams will be charged.
- Translation fee is AED 50.
- For English Birth Certificate, you will have to pay AED 50.
- For attestation from the Ministry of Health, AED 20 will be charged.
- For attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, AED 150 will be charged.
- You will have to pay AED 110, for Health Card.
- Maximum validity to register child birth in Dubai is 30 days.
- Valid health card is required to deliver your baby in a public hospital.
- Unmarried pregnancy is a criminal offense in UAE, and you must have to provide your marriage certificate and passports for verification.